Saturday, February 09, 2008

Healing

I need some healing (Erykah Badu - The Healer). As I sit in this moment feeling abandoned, I wonder about my relationships. I question what is real, who is in my life without compulsion and what deserves to be edited. I've always had what I like to call a healthy paranoia, but that takes a lot of energy to maintain. However, the consequence of trust can sometimes be irreparable. A few weeks ago I posted a John Mayer video called, "In Repair." Somehow I never fully recovered from that situation and since then more has decided to pile. I am navigating the pain of betrayal. In my battle to fight the robots and vampires I have been confronted with the gross abuse of my commitment to that which is greater than myself and still stand alone...Again, holding the bag.

I appreciate all of my companero/as who have been there to urge my sanity and strength. I find solace in knowing that even in this hyper-reality there is still truth and love. That there is loyalty that supercedes the xeroxed interactions afforded by fuckery and duplicity.

In times like these I'm reminded of my purpose. And I'm reminded by the women in my life of what I must do. Here's to my conscious, the voice of sistas: healers, warrior-queens, lovers, historians, brokers of patience, liberators, mothers, educators, black, brown and beige you are.

Thank you for the reminder Mahalia and Duke-Black, Brown and Beige, Pt. 4 ( Come Sunday).

Stay Sucka-Free Y'all...please
f.negro

3 comments:

Robert E. Morgan, Jr. said...

I love Duke and Mahalia, but you must give props to Billy Strahorn. Much respect stay eclectic it taste better in the end

Angel said...

i think that the season of healing is upon us. as we get close to the "dirty thirty" we are going to be forced (if not internally, then externally) to re-examine our lives. this includes the people in it. the work/careers we choose. the way we spend our time. and the value we place upon everything else that occupies space and time in it. please believe, i will be here. you gotta have someone to help you verbally process!!! :-)

...and you're right not to give up the healthy paranoia... at least not yet! ;-)

fidel.negro said...

@remorji: True indeed, Strahorn should get some dap for his hand in composing, but...no one else could have executed it better. In the end we shall see, I look forward to it...upward. Thanks for stopping in, please do again.

@f.angel: 'Preciate the words. You're always on time...and on point. Props to loyalists and trues, you make it worthwhile. And i still think you sent me them damn pears! Thanks queen.