Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Morning Glory II

So I was inspired by my sister this morning. I read her blog last night and it made me think,"how have I been spending my mornings?" I too live really close to my job and I too take my sweet ass time getting to work. However, my mornings are typically a lot less productive than my dear sibling's. But this morning I woke up with purpose. And here's what I did:
  • Ijuba(prayer)
  • Put on Rappers I Know Podcast Volume I, which is a wonderful way to ease into the day.
  • Busted some suds, those dishes had been calling.
  • Reorganized my closet and prepped laundry.
  • Packed my lunch(Sauteed Mango Pasta..mmmm).
  • Finished acquiring the afro-latin music collection of Mr. Niko Laboy(gracias sir!).
  • Finished watching Venezuela Rising.
  • Shaved, took a shower.
  • Made breakfast.
  • Did lesson plan for dance class.
  • Screened Bomba Video Montage.

all before 9:30am....thanks for the inspiration sis!

4 comments:

SLUMP FACADE said...

I spend most of my mornings rushing to iron children's clothing, preparing breakfast, checking homework, doing hair (sometimes) and attempting to get my mind right. The evening time is where I find my refuge, after the entire house has settled down for a long winter's nap. Quiet is my ally, it is during these moments when my thought is most clear...

MasterPeace Theatre said...

Well sh!t, what time did you get up to prepare all of that?

I roll outta bed, find something to wear, make coffee, shower, teeth, hair, kiss the wife and we out the door.

That's a typical morning. Routine, yes. But now, right now... it sounds uninspiring, placating, rushed and unconvincing of what a great man does... with his morning.

Angel said...

that's exactly what i was thinking masterpeace!!! knowing damn well how you feel about getting up early!!!! especially when it's cold!!! what's that you said on the couch? "you trying to freeze me out up in here!!!!"
LMAO! LMAO!

fidel.negro said...

@fallen a.: Hell yeah you was freezing me out!! And it is true I haven't care for getting up early(see below), but I'm seeking new results. So, there has to be change, including my attitude about a new day.

@masterpeace: Only when i'm up at 6am can I get that much done, which is not as frequent as I would like. And thanks for the compliment, I hope that you see it is merely a reflection.

@slump: i'm typically nocturnal. But I've secretly learned to appreciate the mornings. But then again, I'm not a father in which case I might be writing something else. I admire you're commitment to family.